Wednesday 23 October 2013

Illustrator Brian Sanders

Brian Sanders originally working in an advertising agency, brought into the intelligence section of the royal marines for his skills in drawing, then finally going freelance. Brian sanders has seen a lot of the differing parts of the illustration world.

Commissioned by magazines like woman's mirror and lilliput magazine Sanders slightly warped style of drawing certainly draws the eye.
Although most characters and objects are in proportion, there is something slightly strange about the perspective and technique that sets his work apart.

Although my characters will be slightly more cartoon-like and stylized the dark atmosphere of the first picture is something I would like to use or try and replicate in my main image. By using quite dark and warm colours like black,brown and red, I should be able to achieve the right kind of atmosphere for my story.



No comments:

Post a Comment